wills and probate solicitors sheffield MENU

Deeds of Variation

If a beneficiary under a Will or intestacy does not want to receive the money they have inherited they may sign a document known as a Deed of Variation to direct that the money shall pass to an alternative beneficiary.

For example, a parent may wish to sign such a deed stating that all or part of their inheritance passes to their own children.

The Deed of Variation is read as though the deceased left the money contact usto the new beneficiary under the Will and there are Inheritance Tax benefits of disowning the assets in this way

Contact us for more information.